GIVING TUESDAY - Chamber Gives Back - Convoy of HopeName: GIVING TUESDAY - Chamber Gives Back - Convoy of HopeDate: November 29, 2022Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CSTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Open for TWO Sponsorships
Below are a few details that will help you as you plan for your volunteer date. Please read carefully and disperse the information to your group.
There are a few requirements for volunteering within our facility:
Please note our current COVID-19 Protocols:
- All participants must wear closed toed shoes
- All participants must fall within our age policy (see below)
- All participants must have a current liability waiver on file (updated each calendar year).
- We ask volunteers to be responsible and stay home if they are feeling ill.
- Masks are recommended for unvaccinated individuals when 6’ social distancing is not possible.
- Where to go: Convoy of Hope’s World Distribution Center at One Convoy Drive Springfield, MO 65802.
- Please make sure your group wears comfortable, weather appropriate clothing (jeans, t-shirt and/or sweatshirt) and comfortable closed toed shoes. Layers are encouraged.
- When to be there: Hands of Hope is from 6:30-8:30pm. Volunteers typically begin arriving around 6 or 6:15 pm.
- What you will be doing: Projects vary based on organizational needs at the time and available product and supplies, but most projects involve counting, sorting and boxing and/or bagging of product. Depending on the size of the project, your group may be split and asked to work a variety of projects.
- Age Requirements:
- Youth 10-12 year olds must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and have the attached 2021 Hands of Hope Volunteer Parental Consent and Authorization form filled out and signed by a parent or legal guardian and then signed by a second adult witness.
- Youth 13-17 years old must have the attached 2021 Hands of Hope Volunteer Parental Consent and Authorization form filled out and signed by a parent or legal guardian and then signed by a second adult witness.
- Youth under 10 years old will not be eligible to volunteer.
- Each event will end with volunteers being asked to help clean up the area that they have worked in. We really appreciate your willingness to help by staying and listening for your cleanup instructions.